BBM is the best way to connect and share instant messages, pictures and more for free, in real time. You can also create and publish content to your own BBM Channel and follow BBM Channels featuring people, communities and brands you love.
- Types of information processed
- BlackBerry’s processing of your personal information
- Your consent: Children
- International operations and onward transfers
- Information Sharing
- Use of third party information
- BBM Terms of Service: Consent to Collection, Use, Processing, Transfer, Storage and Disclosure of Information (Section 17)
Managing Your Advertising Choices
Interest Based Advertising Opt-Out. When we display ads and other promotional or sponsored content within BBM, our goal is to provide content that is of interest to You. To do so, we or our advertising partners may infer your interests based on your activity and provide you interest-based ads. A no ads BBM subscription allows you to turn off all BBM advertising. Even without a no ads subscription, you can choose whether you receive interest-based ads. Here are opt-out instructions for the various platforms on which BBM is available:
BlackBerry10 and BlackBerry OS: To unsubscribe from advertising that may be interest based,click here and provide your BlackBerry ID associated email address.
iOS: Follow these opt-out instructions.
Google (OS2.2 and up and Google Play Services version 4.0 and up): Open your Google Settings app. Then select “Ads” and enable “Opt out of interest-based ads.”
Windows Phone: To unsubscribe from advertising that may be interest based, click here and provide your BlackBerry ID associated email address.
Marketing Communications. You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing or commercial communications about BlackBerry or BlackBerry® products, services and software by:
- clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of any marketing or commercial communication from BlackBerry;
- by indicating your preference at http://www.blackberry.com/unsubscribe; or
- by writing to BlackBerry Privacy Office c/o BlackBerry (attention Legal Department), 2200 University Avenue East, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2K 0A7 and advising what particular types of marketing or commercial communications you no longer wish to receive.
How to Contact Us
BlackBerry welcomes your questions or comments about privacy and the way we process your personal information. If you have any questions, concerns or wish to request access to your personal information pursuant to applicable privacy or data protection laws, please contact BlackBerry either by email or in writing and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond:
- by email: email@example.com, or
write to one of the following BlackBerry offices closest to you:
- BlackBerry Privacy Office c/o BlackBerry (attention Legal Department), 2200 University Avenue East, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2K 0A7
- BlackBerry Privacy Office c/o BlackBerry (attention Legal Department), 200 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, United Kingdom SL1 3XE
- BlackBerry Privacy Office c/o BlackBerry (attention Legal Department), 1 International Business Park, The Synergy Building, 2nd Floor, Singapore 609917